ABOUT THE COMPANY – CLIFFE DEKKER HOFMEYR
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Inc, a South African law firm, was formed when a merger occured between 2 companies in 2008, namely Cliffe Dekker and Hofmeyr, Herbstein & Gihwala. The company employs approximately 600 staff members and 270 attorneys in its 3 offices in Sandton; Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Tim Mills was a late director of Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr, who sadly passed away in a motor vehicle accident in May 2012.
In 2013, the Tim Mills Memorial Bursary was founded in memory of the well-respected employment lawyer, to carry on his legacy.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Each year, the Tim Mills Memorial Bursary is open to students registering for a LLM degreequalification at a University in South Africa.
Bursaries are awarded based on 3 factors: academic excellence; financial merit and excellence in another field.
The bursary will provide coverage for tuition fees, up to a maximum value of R25 000 per student. Students may be required to attend a CDH vacation programme during the course of their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- Completed an LLB degree qualification at a recognised University in South Africa
- Been accepted to study towards an LLM degree qualification at a recognised University in South Africa
- Excellent academic performance
- Proven excellence another field
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Tim Mills Memorial Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document OR driver’s licence (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- LLB degree certificate, if applicable (certified copy of)
- Full academic transcript to date
- Details of intended LLM studies
- LLM tuition fees breakdown
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Reference
- Covering letter (in your own words) (describing the following: what is important to you; why you deserve to receive the Tim Mills Memorial Bursary; any extra information you would like to highlight)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 011 562 1111
3) Post: Private Bag X40, Benmore, 2010
Cape Town applicants:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 021 481 6388
3) Post: PO Box 695, Cape Town, 8000
1 September 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr directly:
Tel: 011 562 1000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / apply4lawJHB@cdhlegal.com
Cape Town branch:
Tel: 021 481 6300
Email: email@example.com / apply4lawCPT@cdhlegal.com