ABOUT THE BURSAR
Schauenburg (Pty) Ltd (t.a. Schauenburg Systems) are part of the Schauenburg International Group, an equipment manufacturer for mining safety operations.
The Schauenburg Education Trust was formed to help fund deserving students within the Engineering sector.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the Electrical and Electronic Engineering field (BEng/ BSc), for third or fourth year of study.
The bursary award will cover some (if not all) of the following expenses: registration fees, tuition and examination fees. Students will also receive a set amount for prescribed textbooks, course material, accommodation, meals and a living allowance.
Students will be required to undertake vacation work or do job shadowing during the university holidays, at Schauenburg Systems (Pty) Ltd.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying full time towards a BEng/ BSc Electrical or Electronic Engineering degree (currently in second or third year of study),
- Studying at an accredited South African university (not a college or university of technology),
- Achieved a minimum of level 6 for English, Science and Mathematics in Matric,
- Achieved good academic results in previous years of study towards Electrical Engineering degree,
- Passed and completed all previous university courses.
*Preference will be given to black students (particularly women) under the age of 35, as well as black disabled students.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: http://schauenburg.co.za/schauenburg-education-trust
Please upload the following supporting documentation to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Full academic record to date (on tertiary letterhead),
- Proof of university registration for the degree stated above,
- Proof of household income (latest payslips/ affidavit etc).
15 August annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 974 0006