ABOUT THE COMPANY – SACEE
The South African Council for English Education (SACEE) are a NPO that consists of mostly voluntary members, founded in 1955 by a small group of people who wished to protect the usage of the English language. Today, the SACEE’s mission is to support teaching and learning of the English language, by encouraging, promoting and maintaining the improvement of spoken and written English in South Africa.
The SACEE has branches across the country – in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Bloemfontein, East London, Port Elizabeth and in the Mid-Vaal, as well as a National office located in Pretoria.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The SACEE Norah Taylor bursary is intended for will be awarded to qualified, practicing teachers (minimum M+3) and with no less than 4 years teaching experience.
The bursary is intended for teachers who would like to further their studies in one of the following fields:
- Speech training
- Oral communication
- English Teaching (first or second language)
Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend an interview at their closest SACEE branch (at their own expense).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (correspondence/ part-time/ full-time)
- Intend on studying at an educational institution within South Africa
- Are a qualified teacher with a minimum M+3
- Have a minimum of 4 years teaching experience
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Alternatively, you may obtain a copy of the application form from the SACEE National Office in Queenswood, Pretoria.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Any relevant Degrees/ Diplomas/ Certificates (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (showing working experience)
Applications must be submitted to the SACEE National Office, in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 031 776 4185 (Monday, Wednesday & Friday only, from 08:30 – 12:30)
Director of Bursaries
P O Box 12971
31 July annually.
(Applications for 2019 will reopen in June 2018).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the SACEE directly:
The South African Council for English Education
Tel: 082 44 88 372