As the Principle Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for leading the design, evaluation, review and inspections of hydro-mechanical equipment through the life cycle of hydro-mechanical equipment related to pump stations and treatment works (water and wastewater). Work requirements will include working in a multidisciplinary environment including electrical, civil, process engineering and structural engineering. A knowledge of different engineering materials e.g. steel environment and will be an advantage.
The general requirements for this role are:
- Coordinating and leading the interface with civil, process, instrumentation and electrical engineering teams.
- Project management.
- Business development and client liaison.
- Mentoring and staff development.
- Hydro-mechanical system selection.
- Hydraulic and economic analyses.
- Detail equipment design.
- Specification development.
- Understanding of corrosion protection and appropriate material selection.
- CAD / Revit modelling experience (review and analysis ability).
- Equipment and maintenance assessment.
- Manufacturing and commissioning witnessing.
- Maintenance and operational assessment of existing systems.
- Handover inspections and reports.
- Report writing and review.
- Experience 15+ years in Water Engineering.
- Experience in the design and commissioning of several large pump stations (1MW+) and large water/wastewater treatment works will be an advantage.
- Leadership/managerial skills.
- Strong business and networking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Recognised professional profile.
- Motivated and disciplined.
- Flexible approach and multi-tasking abilities.
- Problem solver.
- Independent worker, deadline orientated, committed and driven individual, able to lead and support a professional team.
- A willingness to travel to and work on remote sites in Africa and Middle East will also be an advantage.
- B.Eng/B.Sc Mech Eng.
- Pr. Eng. Registration (ECSA) is essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Hydro-mechanical: 10 years (Required)
- equipment design: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)