Gibela Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GIBELA
Gibela, a joint South African and French railway rolling stock manufacturer, was established as an association between Ubumbano Rail, Alstom and New Africa Rail. Within the fully black-empowered company, Alstom currently owns majority shares of the company and control 61%, while Ubumbano Rail controls 30% and New Africa Rail 9% stakes.
In 2013, Gibela was assigned with the task of replacing old metro fleet with a new modern service. Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) instructed them to deliver into the South African rail network, 600 modern commuter passenger trains, over the course of 10 years.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gibela bursary programme is administered by Career Wise, who are responsible for accepting, scanning and shortlisting candidates. Shortlisted students must attend a panel interview assessment and final selection will be made by Petra Diamonds.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, RENEWABILITY & SERVICE CONTRACT
Gibela bursaries are granted for one year of study, renewable annually based on the students academic results.
The bursary will provide full coverage of study related expenses. Students will be given the opportunity to undertake vacation work or practical training each year.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for Gibela for the equal duration of bursary funding received (dependent on availability within the company).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for current year of study
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying full time at a recognised University or University of Technology
- Engineering degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Accounting degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics in Matric
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://cw.gradx.net/
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2018)
2) By downloading and completing the Gibela Career Wise Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
If you are applying via the hard copy application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
1 June annually
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com