ABOUT THE COMPANY – CHS DEVELOPMENTS
CHS Developments is a broad-based BEE (black economic empowered) infrastructure development company, formed in 1997. The company provide their clients with a complete infrastructure solution including designing, developing, planning, implementing, constructing, project managing, project liaison facilitating, sales administration and training.
CHS Developments is focused on two areas of service delivery, namely Construction and Consultancy. Their consultancy services include: Training; Project Management; Sales and Administration; Implementing Agents; Community and Project Facilitation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Bursaries will be awarded to those studying (or intend on studying) towards a qualification within the Building Environment industry (ND or BTECH):
- Construction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed textbooks.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time towards a qualification in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or accepted to study at an accredited tertiary institution in South African (preferably in KwaZulu-Natal)
- Willing to work within the company during holidays and after completion of studies
*Preference will be given to the following students: underprivileged, those from disadvantaged backgrounds, those with disabilities, within the 16 to 25 year age group.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the CHS Developments Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Mid year results if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter to study at a recognised tertiary institution
- Latest results if currently studying at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of any formal qualifications (certified copy)
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time towards a Construction Management qualification
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, death certificate if deceased – certified copy, social worker letter if orphaned)
- Proof of disability if disabled (from a registered hospital or doctor)
- Proof of residential address
a) Current Matric students will be required to submit their final end of year results as soon as possible.
b) Current first year tertiary students will be required to submit their final end of year results as soon as possible.
Application forms and documents can be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the words “Bursary Application” in the email subject line
2) Post: PO BOX 20284 Durban North 4016
12 January annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact CHS Developments directly:
Contact Person: Vuyo Mbewa
Tel: 031 266 3405