As a part of its skills development initiatives Transport Education Training Authority awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the transport sector. Bursary awards are categorized according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III, compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
The Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is offering bursaries and invites all talented and high performing unemployed full-time learners to apply for financial assistance. Learners eligible for bursaries: those who are currently registered or planning to be registered with TVETs, HETs, Accredited Aviation Schools, Accredited Diving Schools as well as learners who completed or will complete matric (Senior Certificate) and plan to commence studies in 2017. Learners are advised to apply for bursaries in line with study programmes listed below and on the TETA website.
BURSARY STUDY FIELDS OR LIST OF QUALIFICATIONS TO BE FUNDED WITH THE 2017/18 BURSARIES:
- (N3-N6) or ND or B degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- (N3-N6) or National Diploma or B Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- B Degree in Aeronautical Engineering
- B Degree in Marine Engineering
- Commercial Pilot License
- Instructor’s Rating
- Instrument Rating
- Night Rating
- ATPL Subjects
- B Degree in Industrial Engineering
- National Diploma or B degree in Logistics Management
- National Diploma or B Degree in Road Transport Management
- National Diploma or B Degree in Supply Chain Management
- National Diploma or B degree in Transportation Management
- B degree in Transport Economics
- Commercial Divers, Class II,III and IV
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering: (Maritime)
- National Diploma :Maritime Studies Degree: Maritime
- National Diploma: Risk Management
- The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution (no-private accommodation), books and meals as per TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth (35 years old and younger) from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities
Applicants must be South African citizens and be at the age of 35 years or below. Funding will only be applicable to applicants applying for studies related to the list provided and that should lead to a full academic qualification for the applicable courses.
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution, books and meals as per TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth (35 years old and younger) from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities.
How to apply
Closing date is 31 August 2017 at 16h30. Click here to download the application forms which contains a list of qualifications to be funded, guidelines and terms and conditions for the bursaries and other relevant documents.
Application forms must be completed in full. Applicants should clearly state on the application form the chosen course of study, duration of study, cost per year and current year of study. Applications should be accompanied by documents as per the checklist attached to the application form.
Fully and correctly completed application forms may be submitted in the following ways: Via Post Private Bag X 10016, Randburg 2125, Hand delivery to TETA Office listed below:
- Gauteng Office: No 344, Pretoria Avenue, Randburg, Attention:Juliet Manyoni: SD & LP Unit, Hand delivery can also be done to: TETA offices listed below:
- KwaZulu Natal Office: 2nd Floor, 67 KE Masinga Road, Durban 4001, 031 301 9614 (Att: Mikem Mzolo),
- Western Cape Office: WBHO House, Glen Roy Road, Pinelands 7430, 021 531 3064 (Att:: Desmond Baardtman),
- Limpopo Office: Capricon College for FET, Senwabarwana Campus, Senwabarwana Main Road, Bochum, (Att: Thandazile Mabuya), Vhembe TVET College: Techniven, Makwarela Campus (Att: Phumudzo Muronga), Lephalale TVET College: C/o Nelson Mandela & Ngoako Ramatlhodi Drive, Onverwacht, Lephalale, at tel: (014) 763 2252 Ext 221 (Att: Phaswane Lebogang Sewela)
For any enquiries, please contact: (011) 577 7093 / 7089.
Only successful candidates will be communicated to. If you do not hear from TETA by the end of January 2018, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.