ABOUT THE BURSAR
AEL Mining Services are one of the leading producers and suppliers of commercial explosives used for mining, quarrying and construction markets in Indonesia and Africa. AEL are a member company of the AECI group and are also the largest suppliers of explosives technology and initiating systems in Africa.
The Group have offices and production facilities in various African countries, including South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Tanzania, DRC, Ethiopia, Mali, Egypt and even Indonesia.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded students within the following fields of study:
- Mining Engineering (National Diploma)
- Mining Engineering (Bachelor of Technology)
Bursary recipients will undertake in-service training at Goldfields Academy.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ permanent resident
- Completed Matric
- Currently studying full-time towards a Mining Engineering qualification at a recognised tertiary institution
- Completed the first year of study
- Obtained a minimum overall average of 60% in first year of tertiary studies
HOW TO APPLY
Students who meet the above entry criteria can apply by emailing: Richard.email@example.com (with the title “Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Please include the following items in your application email:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Covering letter
- Proof of registration at a recognised tertiary institution
- Full academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
Applications are open from September until 31 October every year.
For any bursary queries, please contact AEL:
Tel: 011 606 0000