The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
In-service Trainee: Administration Assistant
About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for an In-service Trainee: Administration Assistant within the Knowledge Commons Portfolio to be equiped with practical work experience and gain exposure to events management and office administation. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Serve visitors at the entrance by welcoming, directing, announcing and providing programme information to ensure a positive experience;
- Answer calls and handle general enquiries;
- Direct Knowledge Commons queries to Events Practitioner;
- Direct Audio Visual requests to the Audio Visual team;
- Schedule Knowledge Commons operations meetings and Advisory Panel meetings;
- Take minutes;
- Receive and distribute newspapers and journals;
- Assist with printing requirements for visitors/guests
- Sign for mails, parcels and deliveries;
- Organise refreshments for Knowledge Commons;
- Log calls related Knowledge Commons matters;
- Perform other tasks as required by the Knowledge Commons Team
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Grade 12 qualification, studying towards a National Diploma in Office Administration
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer service attitude
- Verbal and numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Goal oriented and deadline driven
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.
APPLY ONLINE HERE